Pages

05 September 2010

I Lied

This is a bit awkward because this one time I was like, "I'm going to end my blog" and I meant it too. But then school started again and I remembered why I started writing blog posts in the first place, because I was bored and because I didn't want to do math homework. Once again I find myself bored, and not wanting to do math homework, so I apologize for lying and promise to never do it again.*

Lying is one of the many things that my mother taught me to never do. She also taught me to never talk to strangers, chew with my mouth open, or eat any sort of red meat. I would like to focus on the last one, not eating red meat. I was told as a child that if I ate any meat that had the slightest of pink tinges, that I would either: immediatley breed a family of worms inside my stomach that would do terrible terrible things to me, or die, or both...but most likely both. As evidence, my Mother would point to the story of the kid who died from eating a hamburger at Jack in the Box that was undercooked. I have no idea if this is true or not but as a child I believed it one hundred percent and I always had this image in my mind of a kid biting into a Jumbo Jack and immediatley keeling over and dying on the floor of the restaurant. It is for this reason, that when I was six and I found out that my brother was going to Jack in the Box for lunch that I started crying because I thought that he was for sure going to die and I think I tried pleading with him not to go much like a heroine addicts friend tries to keep a heroine addict from injecting himself with too much heroine. I was like, "Seth, please don't do it, it's not as good as you think and you are worth way more than this, you are breaking your mother's heart!" My pleas fell on deaf ears and he went to Jack in the Box, and he came back...alive.

My fear of red meat continued...and then I tasted it.

I have been in love ever since.

I eventually learned the truth about read meat, that it wasn't as scary as it seemed and now I am no longer afeared. Red meat is absolutely delicious, especially around full moons, and I can't stand hamburgers that are cooked "well-done".
I can't blame my mother at all, she herself refuses to eat any sort of red meat. She was just trying to protect me from worms and other meat related diseases.

I now also eat at Jack in the Box...although I still view it as a definite possibility that I will die as a result.

*Lie

No comments:

Post a Comment