Pages

01 December 2011

If Only...

I hate fashion shows. They are just the worst. There really is no point to them. They also make girls act stupid.

I don't understand why people purposefully lower their self esteem by watching such a show and then whine about it on Facebook.

"Why can't I look like her???" well darling, because you look like you.

What kind of goal is it in life become extremely skinny and subsequently objectified on an international stage?
What have you contributed?

For some reason we as a society have become accustomed to the idea that physical beauty and attention for such is paramount to unending happiness. If only I could be this pretty, or if only I had this one thing, then everything would be better, everything would be ok.
We are never satisfied with we have and I think it is because too often we compare ourselves to others. You must not do this!
I love writing this blog and I love making people laugh , and I hope to one day be able to do that on a rather large scale. But as soon as I compare myself to those who already do that, to the people I admire then I get horribly depressed. I can NEVER be as good as them I tell myself. I'll never be good enough! I allow myself to wallow in self pity, cursing the world and the cards I was dealt.

Self-pity is one of the most horrible feelings in the world, and yet it is the most unnecessary.

Self pity is crippling and vile. It ensnares us and is the only thing that keeps us from reaching our full potential. How ridiculous is it that anybody in this world doesn't succeed simply because they told themselves that they couldn't?

When you wake up in the morning, do you ask yourself "How can I ensure that today is absolutely terrible?"
Hopefully, no.
But the reality is that when you decide to pity yourself and envy others, this is exactly what you're doing.

So some girl was successful in starving herself, not eating candy, cake, or bread, fitting into ridiculous underwear, and walking up and down a stage.  Congratulations.

If you think that your face is not good enough, then that is horribly sad. If your self worth is defined by something that you have absolutely no control over, then how can there be hope for anything else in your life?
Take control of what you can.

Disappointment is a critical component of life. Without it there would be no way to gauge the feeling of victory when you are met with success! Disappointment has the power to inspire some of your greatest achievements. Out of it is born the spoils of hard work and eventually success.

Today is good because...

It is up to you. You have to decide what is making getting up worth it.

Some days, the only thing I can think of is: Today is good because I have all ten fingers. Imagine a life without fingers. But even if I didn't have fingers, I hope that I would be able to appreciate the fact that I had all my toes, or that the trees were particularly pretty today or any other host of reasons.

There is always someone who is better off than you and there is always someone who is worse off than you. All you can do is be you. You have no other options. This is the hand you were dealt.

Somebody needs your help somewhere. Help as many people as you can and all the while never forget that you can never accomplish anything by just wistfully looking at the stars and wishing you were one of them.

Love the life you're given, and live the life you love.

Anything else is just dead weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment