Pages

09 April 2010

ACT'ing Lessons

I will be waking up in a little less than 6 hours in order to take the ACT and thereby seal the fate of my future in higher education. Well sort of, cause technically I can take the test a second time or a third or fourth, but I've come to realize that in order to succeed at something you have to go into it thinking that you only get one shot. So far I'm doing a terrible job because I'm not getting a good nights sleep, I wouldn't bet on a balanced breakfast, and I definitely haven't prepared for the test itself at all. Actually I take that one back, because at this very moment I have another tab open to the ACT website and I'm looking at sample questions. It's sort of last minute but I felt it would be a good idea to at least know what I was going to fail before I had to fail it for real. The thing I'm worried about most actually is finding parking at the community college where I'm taking the test, cause last time I was there it took me forever to park. The fact that I'm taking it at a community college could be some very ironic foreshadowing.

When the school college counselor raised her eyebrows after I told I hadn't taken any ACT Prep classes it seemed a little ominous, which I don't understand. I see all these kids taking these test prep classes, but it doesn't make any sense. You either know the stuff they're asking you or you don't. They publish these thousand page books on "SAT and ACT prep!" but there's a limit to how much you actually know how to do. It makes it seem like I'm doing something wrong but I actually feel pretty confident going into tomorrow. Sort of.

Maybe if I wish at the stars hard enough I'll wake up as a Pickachu and won't have to take the test. Or maybe if I drop enough acid it'll yield the same result.

Just kidding kids. Drugs aren't funny: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LLxAAxwPdg

No comments:

Post a Comment